Boley Centers Emergency Solutions and Community Development Block Grants Coronavirus Program
The City of St. Petersburg is the recipient of Federal Awards under the Emergency Solutions Grant Coronavirus Program and the Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus Program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Part of these funds are being used by Boley Centers to provide homeless prevention assistance to households whose incomes are at or below 50% of Area Median Income (AMI) as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
If you meet all of the qualifications below, you may qualify for assistance with rent and select utilities (electric, water/sewer/trash, internet, telephone) for up to 3 months:
- Must reside within the city limits of the City of St. Petersburg
- Must have a 12 month lease
- Must have current household income of or less than 50% AMI
- Must have been affected by COVID-19 (documented job or income loss)
- Loss of income/late bills must have occurred on or after 3/27/2020 (when the president signed the CARES Act)
- Must not be receiving assistance for the same expenses from any other source
- Must be citizen or have legal residency status
- Must provide all documentation
EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT PROGRAM AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT INCOME LIMITS as of April 1, 2020
|Very Low Income|
50% of Median
If you meet the qualifications please complete and submit the application using the link on this site. If you require a paper application be mailed to you, please call 727-490-0509 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number.
You will receive notification once your application is received.
We anticipate a large volume of applications so please be patient once you have submitted your application. Processing of applications may take 2 weeks or longer. It is important that you supply completed documentation as soon as it is requested of you in order to speed up the application process.
- An application is not considered complete and the household will not qualify for assistance until all required documentation is received.
- Payments will be disbursed directly to the landlord/management company/utility provider, no funds will be disbursed to the applicant.
- Computer access is available at select St. Petersburg libraries by appointment only at this time. Please contact the library directly for information and an appointment.
PENALTY FOR FALSE OR FRAUDULENT STATEMENT: U. S. C. Title 18, Sec. 1001, provides: “Whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of any Department or Agency of the United States, knowingly and willfully falsifies…or makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements of representation, or makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or entry, shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five (5) years or both.
Under Florida Law, this application is public record. Most of the information that you provide will be released if there is a public record request. If you believe that you qualify to have your information protected, you must notify the agency in writing of the specific Florida Statue that protects your information. All non-exempt information will be released in response to a public records request.
If you meet the qualifications please open and read Exhibit G here and then complete and submit the application using one of the following methods:
Online – Click here for the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Application. **This is the fastest and preferable method.**
If you prefer to print and mail the application, you may use the link below and return your application to: Boley Centers Attention Emergency Assistance Grant 445 31st St. N. St. Petersburg, FL 33713. You may also drop your application in the drop box by the front door. Click here for the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Application.
If you would like a paper application be mailed to you, please call 727-490-0509 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number.